Monday, August 17, 2009

Home Improvement Week 1

Here's a peek at the work that has been accomplished so far...

Before, a house with ferocious lions, but in need of new paint and trim


With a beautiful pool in the back:


So we're matching the pool stone


And having it added to the front of the house


I think our lions are going to enjoy their new domain when it's finished!

14 comments:

jennifer lord said...

your home is beautiful and i know it's going to turn out awesome!

p.s. i will get to finally meet you in 25 days! ;)

Kathy McElhaney said...

JEN!!!

So excited you're coming to Youth Alive! Can't wait to meet you!!

jennifer lord said...

i cannot wait to meet you also!

Kathy McElhaney said...

I'll be looking for you.

Michelle Dianne said...

Oh. My. Word. I know you don't know me from Adam (or Eve) but can I come live with you for about 3 months?! I ADORE your home!

Jen, when you come back home to Dallas (after Youth Alive), I'm not coming back with you!

I can wash my own laundry and clean my own room...(lol) Okay, I'll quit now!

Kathy McElhaney said...

Michelle,
I would love to have you and Jen over (for a VISIT!) except I think I'm going to be living at Knotts Berry Farm during Youth Alive weekend! My husband will be one of the sound men.

I am looking forward to meeting both of you. In my quest to meet you that weekend, I'll assume you don't look like Adam...

Michelle Dianne said...

Well, no, thank God. Although I DID hear that the First Man was pretty good looking... ;)

Kathy McElhaney said...

Ha! So you wouldn't mind meeting your own Adam?

Michelle Dianne said...

Oh, you're too funny! That's a touchy subject.

How do you know if you're ready to meet Adam? Because if anyone asked me if I was ready, I'd say no. But then you get people who say they know better than you do yourself and they say you are.

When do you really know?

Kathy McElhaney said...

Interesting you should ask that today - I met my "Adam" 20 years ago this very day!

No one else can tell you if you're ready. (This fits nicely with your most recent post!) Beside, if there is no Adam in sight, then it must not be God's time.

My pastor gave us incredible advise when we were buying our home 8 years ago. Things were moving really quickly and we were a little nervous about it. He said, "Sometimes when God is in it, things move quickly!" That gave me great peace of mind.

So... in regards to Adam, he may show up when you least expect him, but you're ready when you have peace in your heart and your pastor has peace in his.

Michelle Dianne said...

"I met my "Adam" 20 years ago this very day!" Congrats!

It's all so very confusing. I understand what you're saying and deep down, I believe it but... on the other hand, you feel like a failure to all the adults around you because "nothing is happening" meaning I'm not desperately searching for a man around every corner.

Life is very interesting in Michelle's World these days.

Kathy McElhaney said...

Aw yes, the well meaning adults in your world! I met quite a few of those in my single days. Didn't meet "Adam" until I was 25, then we dated almost 2 years before we got married! What was wrong with us?! What was taking us so long??

When we got engaged, Les talked to HIS parents and pastor, then MY parents and pastor before he ever asked me to marry him! We had everyone's blessing and I am so glad we didn't go on anyone else's time table.

Just tell 'em your man is currently in college, pursuing his degree, and when it's the Lord's time he'll move him your way! That's what happened to me ;)

Michelle Dianne said...

LoL - Well, I could use that, I guess.

Thanks for your advice and reassurance! I know deep down that I am not ready but unwilling to go into depth about the why's to the adults in my world. So they aren't completely convinced.

But...I shall endeavor to keep the bond of peace and continue in the same manner as before and enjoy my life as a single, unattached young person who can fly to CALI because she wants to! LOL

C you soon!

Girly Muse said...

It's going to be great! What a beautiful home...and I'm loving that pool!!!

Verse of the Day