
It's so interesting observing siblings and cousins. Of course boys and girls are different, but none of them are alike! Here is a snapshot of what they're like right now. I know they'll change in the years ahead - not just in looks!
Claire is the oldest grandchild. We were thrilled that she received the Holy Ghost this year at Youth Camp and was baptized on Father's Day! She's growing by leaps and bounds, physically, mentally and spiritually. She and I can now share shoes! (Yep, Leesh, "Little Feet" is an appropriate nickname for me!) She told me, "I love taking pictures of flowers." When I downloaded all my pictures, there were lots of flowers in the mix!



Wesley is the oldest Wearing. He's definitely all boy, but he's a thinker, too. I have Sudoku on my iPhone and Claire and Hannah were playing it. Wes had his own solution, "it would be easiest if you could just start with a blank screen."



Hannah is an incredible swimmer, but I was sorry to hear her say, "I don't really like going shopping!!" We're still praying for a conversion!!! She went on to say, "I'm just a homebody like my dad." She is always the first to ask if she can use my camera. I never know what the pictures will be, but she does a great job.



Reece is probably the funniest of the bunch, possibly without meaning to. He doesn't intentionally draw attention, but his quips are hilarious. While Wes was playing football on Saturday, Reece was on the playground with his friends. After about 45 minutes he came to his dad and said, "What I wouldn't
give for a drink of water!" I didn't get many pictures of Reece, when I asked his mom if she had any she didn't either and said, "elusive little booger, isn't he?!"



Galina takes a little while to warm up to everyone. I think we can be a bit overwhelming for a 5 year old, all of us aunts, uncles and cousins that she sees only occasionally. But it doesn't take long until she finds my or Monica's lap and makes herself at home. Sunday at breakfast she sat between us and was on one of our laps except when she was eating.



Aleksi will come right to me, no matter how long it has been since we've seen her. She pretends to be camera shy, but really isn't! At breakfast on Saturday, I was asking how old she is. Are you three? four? Her response? "I don't have a number!" This first picture is her attempt at not having her picture taken!



3 comments:
Looks like you all had a fabulous time! The kids are growing up so fast. Thanks for sharing your vacation. I'll have Rachel post ours when we return. =)
When do you go?
What a great looking family. Love seeing pictures of happiness.
Post a Comment