We had a beautiful service last night. Pastor McGriffin preached about "His Scars." He talked about the fact that Jesus had scars from His crucifixion. Scars mean healing has taken place. Jesus was healed in just three days. He chose to keep the scars, He could have erased them, but He kept them.
We all have wounds in our lives. Some of those wounds have become scars because healing has taken place. When someone is wounded they don't want anyone to touch the spot that is hurt. When healing has taken place, the scar is only a reminder of past pain.
We gathered at the front for prayer and I thought honestly about where am I after the past few weeks. I know many don't even start healing for months and even years, but I feel healed. God has done an amazing work of healing in my life in the past few weeks. It started with our first Sunday back in Hawaii, singing "Blessed Be Your Name." More healing came during Hawaii Ladies Conference. More still came while out running.
While walking to the car, I said to Les, "I'm amazed at how quickly healing has come." Les said, "Well that's what God does." He surely has! I will always miss my Dad, but it's a scar now, not an open, gaping wound. God knew I need to be in a place of quietness. A place where I could focus on receiving and not doing and giving. I'm so thankful, because of His scars, I am healed.
Isaiah 53:4-5 "Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."
1 comment:
What a wonderful post. I like the way you pointed out scars being a sign of healing that has taken place; I never thought about it like that before. Thanks for sharing. Love you!
Post a Comment