I was privileged to be able to attend the HI-DLC this past Thursday through Saturday. Held at the
Doubletree Ala Moana, it was less than a half mile from our condo, so I got to attend all the services and still sleep in my own bed!
 |
| Sis. McGriffin greeting the ladies |
It started off with a banquet on Thursday night. The theme for the conference was "Fitly Framed" and they asked each lady to make their own frames (glasses) with prizes for the most creative, most fancy, most outrageous and most unique. There was a lot of creativity in the room! I was too busy laughing and getting to know people to take many pictures.
Ladies of New Life Pentecostal:
 |
| Sis McGriffin, Sis. Calhoun, Sis. Gallimore, and Sis. Monica |
 |
| I spent a lot of time with my glasses OFF - they made it very difficult to breathe! |
The winners!
 |
| Most Creative, Most Outrageous, Most Unique & Most Fancy |
My glasses were made of a puzzle - I asked myself what gets framed and a puzzle is what I came up with! 99 Cents Only Store special. The puzzle was of the USA, so I made sure to include California, Hawaii and Tennessee as part of my frame.
Services Friday morning, Friday night and Saturday morning were outstanding. JUST WHAT I NEEDED. The presence of the Lord was so beautiful, each speaker was anointed.
 |
| Ladies President - Sis. Debbie Sanders |
Our guest speaker was Sis. Linda Gleason from Oregon. Of course I was thrilled when I saw that she was the speaker - we met years ago when we were both involved in Bible Quizzing. Les did a quizzing seminar in Oregon in about 1994. Sis. Gleason said she could not figure out who I was! It's a bit different looking at someone at the scorekeeper's table at a quiz tournament, then seeing them in a room full of ladies in Hawaii! It was wonderful getting caught up with her and hearing how her children are all now grown and living strong in the Lord. She just became a grandmother for the first time and she was pretty excited about that!
 |
| Sis. Linda Gleason |
As a newcomer to the islands, it was great to meet so many wonderful ladies. They are all so friendly! There is such a spirit of unity. I came home refreshed and strengthened, bubbling over to Les about the fabulous time I had!
1 comment:
What a blast! I love the theme, the creativity, and your memories. You will cherish that weekend for many years to come!
Post a Comment