Monday, March 18, 2013

Blessed Be Your Name

We were back at New Life Pentecostal last night. We were saddened to learn that while we were gone, Pastor McGriffin was going through the same valley I was. His father passed away on March 8th. They were already on the mainland and had spent some time with him, but their stay was extended. This was the first time he had been in church in two weeks and he was ready. As service started, Les said "When you think you're alone in the valley, someone else is walking alone in the valley, too."

As service started, I put my heart into the singing and praise.  I needed church!  It was either the third or fourth song when we started singing "Blessed Be Your Name."  This song ministered to me so much!
Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name

Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name
I've walked through the wilderness lately, but I can still say "blessed be Your name!"
Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name
The name of the Lord is truly glorious! I began giving Him the praise He is so worthy of and my heart got lighter!
Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name
My road has been marked with pain recently, but His name is stilled blessed.
Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name

As we sang that final part, I knew that it was my choice.  Job said, "the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord."  Everything Job had was gone, but he chose to say "blessed be the name of the Lord."  I did the same.  I sang from the bottom of my heart, "Blessed be Your name!" with tears streaming down my face.  There truly is victory in praise! Weeping does endure for a night, but JOY comes in the morning!

Pastor McGriffin preached "Keep Standing, Because Falling is Overrated."  It was an excellent message.  So much is said about restoration when we fall, but it really is better to keep standing.  Sure, you can get back up, but I know from experience that each time you fall there is pain to go along with it.  If you're up, stay there.  If you're down, get back up and start standing!

We came home and I had my best night's sleep in a couple weeks.  I know the pain of losing my Dad is far from over, I'll always miss him, but I received such a healing touch last night.  I know God is answering the many prayers that have been prayed for me by so many!  Blessed be the name of the Lord!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

So glad to read this today. It wasn't till after the loss of my brother last year that I felt I understood "peace that passes understanding." God sure is good...

jennifer lord said...

God bless you sooo much.

I just said this phrase aloud and a few minutes later I read your blog and see it - "the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord."

Blessed be His name indeed.

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Oh, my goodness. No wonder we didn't hear from Bishop McGriffin during the retreat. We were so busy, we didn't take the time to telephone him/greet him. That's so sad...

But what a powerful message. I love it when that happens!

Loves!
Kelley~

Verse of the Day