| The water is going to be off in your condo from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. |
I decided there was no way I was going to sit around our condo with no water for the day, so I headed out for a new adventure. Unfortunately, Les had to work, so it wasn't as fun as it could have been, but I still had a good time. Destination: Sea Life Park.
I really didn't know what to expect, but this ended up being a great place.
Giant sea turtles. These beauties are between 70 and 80 years old. I met one of their keepers, she is an intern, hoping to get in to Moorpark College's Exotic Animal Training program (Moorpark is the community right next to Simi Valley, in fact that is where I went for 2 semesters of Class Piano!)
The sea lions know when it's feeding time. They each had their own "door" to receive fish!
There was a sea lion show. A "beauty pageant" with one contestant - there was only one sea lion playing both parts! She sang "Who Let the Dogs Out" with perfect timing on the barking, acted out a scene from Mission Impossible and danced some ballet moves from Swan Lake. Quite talented!
There were quite a few interactive activities that would be great for families with children. Along with feeding the sea lions, there was food for purchase to feed the turtles. These people were swimming with sharks:
These folks got to swim with dolphins:
The penguins were out on a walk with their keepers:
There was a dolphin show that was very entertaining:
And this girl enjoyed a beautiful day,
incredible scenery
and a strawberry/banana shave ice!
1 comment:
Aloha! And mahalo for the day trip!
We always get about 48 hours' notice before our water is turned off, and they always make their repairs during 1-4 a.m. when most residents are sleeping.
So glad "no water" obviously did not spoil your beautiful day! We've never been to that park, so this attraction was added to the list for when we're back there in October!
Happy week!
Kelley~
Post a Comment