Saturday, April 27, 2013

Five Decades

I'm close to wrapping up my fifth decade on this earth.  Today I celebrate my 49th birthday and I'm really excited about turning 50 next year!  I know that sounds a little crazy, but my life is good. I don't dread the future because I know the One Who has walked with me the entire way. 

Join me on a little walk down memory lane today.  My first decade looked like this:





Decade number Two, ages 10-19:


 


Decade number Three, ages 20-29:


 


Decade number Four, ages 30-39:




Decade number Five, ages 40-49:




7 comments:

Caroline (Jane) said...

A happy, happy 49th birthday to you my friend. Enjoy your day!

Oh, and The 50's are awesome, you're gonna love it here! ;)

Kathy McElhaney said...

Happy Birthday!!
Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Love,

Frances Kendrick

Vonnie said...

Happy Birthday!!!!
Love ya!

Cherie said...

A very happy birthday to you!
Love ya,
Heather

Kendrick Family said...

Happy 49th birthday... Loved the pictures!!! :)

Anali V said...

Man, I hope I look like you if I reach that age ! Did you take a trip to Africa in that one pic above ? Or am I being stereotypical ? Lol

Kathy McElhaney said...

Thanks everyone!

Anali,
I took a missions trip to Puerto Rico and Haiti in 1983. That picture was in Haiti. I would love to go to Africa some day!

Verse of the Day