Last night was another great Bible study! I am so thankful for the spiritual food we are receiving here in Hawaii - we are not going hungry.
Pastor McGriffin talked about being an Apostolic Pentecostal. That means we are Apostolic in doctrine and Pentecostal in experience. He didn't mention this, but I can think of many who are Pentecostal in experience (they love the moving of the Spirit) but do not embrace the Apostles' doctrine of separation from the world. I want both!
The key verse last night was I Corinthians 15:10 "But by the grace of God I
am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain;
but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace
of God which was with me." I am the way I am because of grace.
Pastor McGriffin talked about being sanctified. He talked again about the importance of holiness. He spent some time talking about the tongue. Proverbs 18:21 says, "Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." If our tongue causes someone to be lost, their blood will be on our hands. The tongue is our most unruly member. When God gives us the Holy Ghost, He takes over our tongue! Unfortunately, even after we get the Holy Ghost, we sometimes take our tongue back.
The hour just flew by! I am enjoying this series so much.
One final thought - you cannot create a hybrid spiritual DNA. You are either Apostolic-Pentecostal or you're not!
2 comments:
Last night, ChloPeep, Rachel, and me were asking Sis. Cynthia about what we call ourselves when people ask what we are. Especially when they say they're Pentecostal and we know they are not like us. Thank you for this! Now I know the difference between a Pentecostal and an Apostolic Pentecostal!
Yes. I really liked this definition of who we are!
Funny thing - Bible study is on Tuesday night here, so I am off a day for the rest of the week!
Post a Comment