
After dinner, we headed to Spoon Gelato. It was wonderful! The real deal here. I had pomegranate blueberry and chocolate. I had never tasted chocolate gelato before ~ can you believe it? It was very good and the two flavors tasted nothing alike!
Friday afternoon I wandered into Nine West. 60% off sale. I picked up a pair of black pumps (mine are in a deplorable state) ~ size 5?? Really??? I sent Les an email that said, "Uh oh. Size 5. 60% off..." And attached this picture
He replied "Uh oh indeed." The shoes fit and came home with me!
After putting my shoes in the trunk of our car, I decided I better do something free for a while! I visited the Historic Santa Barbara County Courthouse. The Spanish-Moorish style building was completed in 1929, after the 1925 earthquake ruined much of the city.
On the second floor is the Mural Room. The murals in the room depict scenes from California's history from the native Indians to the construction of the Mission.
At one time it was used as the meeting room for the County Board of Supervisors...
The stair wells are really cool...
The stairs are only open to the second floor. To go to the 5th floor I had to get on the elevator. I joined about 8 others and made my way up. When we stepped off there were about 25 people waiting to go back down! The views were amazing...
This is Les' office ~ Berkeley Aviation. I sent him an email that said, "I see you."
I then sent this picture, with the message, "Do you see me?"

The view from outside, ground level:
I don't know why, but I thought this little marker was funny.... dedicated to the white women!
We had Aldo's Italian food for dinner. Chicken Parmesan for Les, Ravioli Rosa for me. Cannoli for dessert! I loved the paintings on the walls. My favorite ~ gondolas in Venice.
Just another beautiful day in the Mediterranean of the West!
2 comments:
Rachel and I will be on vacation the week of August 22-26. On Wednesday we plan on spending the day and night in Santa Barbara and Thursday in Solvang. Hope we can find some fun free things to do while we're there too. Looks like the mission will be added to our list. = )
I didn't go to the mission - just the historic court house. Be warned - walking out on the fifth floor might be a little too high up for you.
The mission is on my to do list one of these times when I'm up there. I'm pretty sure it's free, too.
Post a Comment