Saturday, July 23, 2011

Mileage Update

I saw 14 yard sales in one neighborhood while I was running this morning! Is today National Yard Sale Day and nobody told me about it?? It was crazy. Yard sale shoppers are serious about this stuff. Cars were everywhere. My normally peaceful Saturday morning run was completely disrupted. I am not a yard saler, so my opinion is... one man's trash is still trash!

I thought "I should have ridden the trail instead." Then I came upon the trail head and there were a dozen cars parked there! Traffic jam on Las Llayas, too. Everyone is out today. It's a great morning for it - high 50s and slightly overcast.

Totals for Week ending July 23:
Running: 16.80
Cycling: 34.34
Total: 51.14

Year-to-Date:
Running: 730.67
Cycling: 716.99
Total: 1447.66

Are you staying inside because of the heat wherever you are?? Try an early morning walk, you might be surprised at what you see.

2 comments:

Sarboo said...

That is great! I had a yard sale today. The whole time I kept thinking, people are really buying my junk! Although, I did have quite a few nice clothes the kids had outgrown. Thanks for your blog. Longtime reader, but I don't often comment. :-) Sarah Booker

Kathy McElhaney said...

Hope you made lots of money! I guess kids clothes would be one exception to the "junk" rule - they grow out of them so quickly.
Thanks for reading!

Verse of the Day