Saturday, July 16, 2011

Mileage Update

I did something today that I hadn't done in a LONG time - I ran a half marathon! I don't think I've run anything longer than 10 miles this year, so earlier this week I decided it was time to do one.

It was a perfect morning for it. 55 degrees when I got up, 59 when I got home. I watched the moon set as I ran towards the west for the first half, then watched the sun rise in the east as I headed home.

I wasn't as fast as I would have liked ~ I'm definitely out of practice when it comes to running long distances. I also couldn't remember how far to run before I turned around, since my route going home is slightly shorter. Here are the stats:

13.40 miles
2 hours, 23 minutes, 58 seconds
Average pace 10 minutes, 49 seconds a mile
Average heart rate 140, max 160
1348 calories burned

This is the elevation map. As you can see, it's a very hilly route! I was feeling it at mile 11 - that little uphill was hurting!


Totals for Week ending July 16:
Running: 31.77
Cycling: 31.55
Total: 63.32

Year-to-Date:
Running: 713.87
Cycling: 682.65
Total: 1396.52

No comments:

Verse of the Day