After a very cool Spring, Summer arrived in full force this week. Highs in the 90s, staring at triple digits. What's a person to eat? Chilled soup, of course! I've tried three different recipes since we got back from our cruise - two this week. They have all been wonderful! On our cruise the soups were served as appetizers, we've been having them for dessert.
Blueberry Orange Soup
2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
3 cups orange juice (I used Tropicana Light)
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon water
1. In a saucepan bring blueberries, orange juice, brown sugar and cinnamon to a boil; stir to combine. Dissolve cornstarch with water; gradually stir into blueberry mixture. Cook and stir until clear and lightly thickened.
2. Pour into a bowl; refrigerate overnight. Serve with Cool Whip swirled in. Garnish with blueberries and mint, if desired.
Nutritional info: 105 calories / 0.5 g protein / 13.75 g carbs / 2 g fiber / 0.0 g fat / 2 WW points plus per serving. Makes 4 servings
Blueberry Orange Soup
2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
3 cups orange juice (I used Tropicana Light)
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon water
1. In a saucepan bring blueberries, orange juice, brown sugar and cinnamon to a boil; stir to combine. Dissolve cornstarch with water; gradually stir into blueberry mixture. Cook and stir until clear and lightly thickened.
2. Pour into a bowl; refrigerate overnight. Serve with Cool Whip swirled in. Garnish with blueberries and mint, if desired.
Nutritional info: 105 calories / 0.5 g protein / 13.75 g carbs / 2 g fiber / 0.0 g fat / 2 WW points plus per serving. Makes 4 servings
Chilled Berry Soup
1 cup vanilla soymilk
2 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries, partially thawed
1/3 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons sugar
Sliced fresh strawberries, if desired
Fresh mint sprigs, if desired
1. In blender or food processor, place soymilk, frozen strawberries, orange juice and sugar.
2. Cover; blend on high speed about 30 seconds or until smooth.
3. Pour into individual serving bowls; top with sliced fresh strawberries and mint.
This took no time at all. I didn't have orange juice on hand when I made this one, so I substituted V-8 Fusion Light Pomegranate Blueberry juice. Mmmm!! We didn't top with fresh mint, but we did add a little Cool Whip.
Nutritional info: 81 calories / 2.5 g protein / 15 g carbs / 2.25 g fiber / 0.375 g fat / 2 WW points plus per serving. Makes 4 servings
Chilled Peach Soup
16 oz. frozen peaches, thawed slightly
2 tbsp. sugar
1/4 cup vanilla soymilk
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups orange juice (again, I used Tropicana Light)
dash ground cinnamon
1. Add all ingredients to blender.
2. Process until smooth
3. Chill for 2-3 hours before serving.
This was not as "peachy" tasting as I would have liked. It was good, but the orange juice overpowered the peaches. I'll probably try V-8 Fusion in Peach Mango flavor next time.
Nutritional info: 98 calories / 0.875 g protein / 18 g carbs / 1.5 g fiber / 0.10 g fat / 2 WW points plus per serving. Makes 6 servings
Nutritional info: 81 calories / 2.5 g protein / 15 g carbs / 2.25 g fiber / 0.375 g fat / 2 WW points plus per serving. Makes 4 servings
Chilled Peach Soup
16 oz. frozen peaches, thawed slightly
2 tbsp. sugar
1/4 cup vanilla soymilk
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 cups orange juice (again, I used Tropicana Light)
dash ground cinnamon
1. Add all ingredients to blender.
2. Process until smooth
3. Chill for 2-3 hours before serving.
This was not as "peachy" tasting as I would have liked. It was good, but the orange juice overpowered the peaches. I'll probably try V-8 Fusion in Peach Mango flavor next time.
Nutritional info: 98 calories / 0.875 g protein / 18 g carbs / 1.5 g fiber / 0.10 g fat / 2 WW points plus per serving. Makes 6 servings
No comments:
Post a Comment