
I saw the most amazing thing this morning. Just as I was finishing up a 10 mile run, I saw a woman coming towards me. She had something in her hand. As I got closer, I realized she was reading a book as she walked her dog!! I'm sure I would have fallen flat on my face if I had tried such a feat.

While on the subject of books, I have to say again how much I am enjoying my Kindle. After reading Jane Eyre, I downloaded several other classics for free. My latest read was The Count of Monte Cristo. I had never read it before and didn't really have any idea what it was about. It is fascinating! The classics are so rich with dialogue. The authors took the time to build the characters. I was really pulling for the Count as the story progressed!

I also read the second installment to the Walk Series by Richard Paul Evans. Miles to Go picks up where The Walk ended and continues to be a great read. It's such an incredible journey.

So what should I read next? Any recommendations? What is your favorite classic?
10 comments:
Hi Sissy McElhaney!! Long time, no see -- I feel as though I haven't seen you in ages! Hopefully I will see you tonight?!?! So, I'm barely finishing Miles To Go -- it's such an excellent read! I just checked out one of his other books, The Last Promise, and the main character's name is Eliana!! It received really great reviews per Barnes N Noble! I'm also going to attempt to read Count Cristo after I finish this book! I LOVE reading and I also can read while I walk!
Hi again! I just remembered that my girls read A Tale of Two Cities and said it was an excellent read!
Yep, we'll be there tonight. My hubby is teaching.
I don't think I've read the Last Promise - I've read several of his other books and they're all good. I'll have to check out Tale of Two Cities - I remember a little bit about it from high school, but that was a LONG time ago.
I can totally see you walking and reading!! Just don't try it while you're on your bike ;)
Tess of the d'Urbervilles, East of Eden, Bleak House, My Antonia...so many! I think Tess is one of my favorites.
Suzanne,
You've peaked my interest! I've never read any of these. Thanks.
I used read and walk home from my middle school. :)
The Count of Monte Cristo is by far my most favorite book that I was required to read for school! Awesome storyline.
As for a classic book suggestion - how about any of Jane Austen's novels? Or if you like mysteries, Agatha Christie's books.
I just ordered (free for Kindle!) Uncle Tom's Cabin. Have heard about it forever but never read it...have you?
I've got Uncle Tom's Cabin, too! We'll have to compare notes after we both read it.
The Count of Monte Cristo is one of my all-time favorites! I didn't' read it until I was 46 because I thought it would be boring but a friend talked me into it and I'm sure glad they did!
Caroline,
I read it when I was 47 - we must be the "target market"...
Post a Comment