I pulled the book out last week because I remembered that the Becton's story was in the book. I've been rereading it since and have delighted in the stories of the Freemans, Kilgores, Wallaces, Enseys, Urshans, Pughs, Kinzies, and many others!
I remember reading this when I was single - there are stories of love at first sight, love that waited through war, love that started at childhood, and love that endured. I wondered if I would ever have that kind of a marriage... I'm happy to say that I certainly do!
I do believe my favorite line in the entire book was a prayer by Sis. LaJoyce Martin. In 1985 it became my prayer as well...
"Dear Lord,
I ask nothing for myself,
but please send my mother a son-in-law."
6 comments:
Thanks for the morning chuckle!
Oo!!! That's a GREAT prayer! lol I think I'll adopt that one for me...hehehehe Looks like it took a few years before your prayer for your mom was answered so if I get started on that prayer now for my mom, maybe it will happen before I'm 35! =D lol
I've read some of LaJoyce Martin's books, but I have never heard of this one. It sounds really good. I'm thankful that God has blessed my husband and I with 27 1/2 wonderful years together!
Larisa,
Little did I know that while I was praying, God was moving Les from Tennessee to California!
You may have posted about it before, but how did it come about for Les to come to California? That's a huge move!
I remember that book!!! That prayer is hilarious. Such cute stories in there...
Post a Comment