Thursday, March 3, 2011

In Memory of Sister Margie Becton


It was with sadness that we learned of the passing of Sis. Margie Becton.
March 2, 2011
Emmanuel Pentecostal Church mourns the loss of our dear Sis. Margie Becton, wife of the late Rev. C.M. Becton. Sis. Becton passed from this life on Wednesday evening, March 2, 2011. Our hearts are broken at the loss of this good, gracious, gifted, and godly woman, but we find comfort and solace in knowing that she has been reunited with Bro. Becton in eternity.
When I think of Sis. Becton, one word comes to mind: Joyful! I heard her testify on a few occasions and she was always so upbeat. The first time I met her was at Camp Meeting in 1990. She testified and said, "No new convert is going to out praise me!" and proceeded to dance her way off the platform! What a treasure.

I asked Les what he thought of when he thought of Sis. Becton. His first response was "water gun!" If you who were in Les' youth group, at Youth Congress in Memphis, you know what that means. He also said that Sis. Becton was not one to be upfront all the time, but when she did speak you knew you were in for a treat. She usually said something that would have everyone laughing.

Bro. and Sis. Becton knew each other their entire lives. I believe she said "we winked at each other in the nursery!" They received the Holy Ghost on the same night when they were both 11 and were married in 1947.

Please remember the Becton, Dyson and Flowers families in prayer as they say goodbye to this dear one.

No comments:

Verse of the Day