Thursday, March 31, 2011

Results of Revival!

We had a great service last night! Bro. Bellew started his message asking, "Who does not have the Holy Ghost?" Several raised their hand. He then said, "Tonight, I'm preaching to you." His message was clear - what does it take to be saved. He talked about being baptized in Jesus name. He said if you have not been baptized, what are you waiting for?

Les and I have been teaching a Home Bible Study to Jose and Maylee Munoz. Last week Jose told us he was ready to be baptized. He talked to Pastor White on Sunday and he was trying to get as much of his family to come as possible. But after last night's message he didn't want to wait any longer!! Here he is getting baptized in the beautiful name above all names - Jesus!!


We also had a Spanish speaking man get baptized. I don't know his name and I didn't catch it during his baptism because Bro. Cortez did all his talking in Spanish. But it doesn't matter, Spanish or English, when the Name is spoken, it works!


We have now had over 130 visitors during this revival!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't know if you will remember me, but I quizzed on the Sacramento team with Ryan and Sarah, years ago ;) I stumbled across your blog a couple of months ago and just had to comment on todays' post! What a GREAT report! Can you please tell Chrisi Bellew that Amy Hendryx (Diaz now) from the Rock Church said HI!! and thank you for praying for me years ago at PSR! I have totally lost track of her until your blog post :) ! Please let her know I would love to contact her. Love you!!

Kathy McElhaney said...

Amy,
It's so good to hear from you! Of course I remember you. Thanks for commenting, our years in Bible Quizzing were some of the most rewarding and it's wonderful to know so many young people are still living for God.

Carol Connell said...

Wow! It's always wonderful to see folks get baptized in Jesus' name, and 130 visitors for a revival is incredible! Thanks for sharing this awesome report. :-)

Verse of the Day