Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mileage Update


The first week of Spring was quite dismal around here. We received about 7 inches of rain. It poured all day Sunday. This much rain makes the trail completely unrideable. I ran Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, then decided to take Thursday off. It rained again Thursday afternoon and through the night, but was not actively raining when I got up on Friday. I got up, got dressed and headed downstairs. Before I could get my shoes on, it was pouring again!! Punxsutawney Phil really missed it this year.

This quote came in from Runner's World yesterday:
During the winter, you head out into the darkness for a run. When spring comes, and the first crocus pokes up its head...you know it was worthwhile.
~ Nina Kuscsik, First woman's winner of the Boston Marathon

I'm still looking for the crocus! We've got a beautiful forecast for next week, so I'm hoping for better numbers to finish the month.

Totals for Week ending March 26:
Running: 34.07
Cycling: 0.00
Total: 34.07

Year-to-Date:
Running: 418.01
Cycling: 277.16
Total: 695.17

No comments:

Verse of the Day