After about ten minutes of preaching, Bro. Bellew just stopped. He wasn't harsh in anyway, but he said he didn't want to keep preaching against a brick wall. This should not have been happening after Tuesday night's prayer meeting! He had us stand and begin praying against whatever it was that was keeping us bound. After several minutes, he had everyone gather in the front to bind together against the spirits fighting us.
We prayed for about an hour. God moved in and souls were touched. But I can't help but think, "We've been here before." So many don't want to move on in to the promise land - the promise land of living continually in victory! I asked Les last night, "Do we know what living victoriously really is?" It's a place I want to be and I want to see it in Victory Tabernacle! I know there are strong holds that need to come down, and I'm believing that this will be the revival. The revival that changes people for good. That six weeks, six months, six years down the road, people are changed and don't go back to old habits.
2 Corinthians 10:4 "For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds."
5 comments:
Amen! and Amen! My thoughts exactly. How can we bring new converts in, if there's not complete victory. I have faith we're nearing the home stretch.
Wow! Your church too? A lot of stuff going on in the church today sister. It's interesting how much you can find out about a church by just doing a few clicks here and there on facebook, blogger, and myspace.
Anonymous,
I wouldn't say there is a lot going on in our church, but even when one doesn't have the victory, the entire body is affected.
I know the "we've been here before" feeling very well, and I've seen situations and mostly attitudes that sometimes made me wonder if there was ever going to be a change. We had a revival back in December that was different from anything we've had before. All I can say is the preaching on most nights was like "a hammer." It was like God was hammering away at some wrong attitudes and perspectives that had really hindered us for so long. I feel like that revival laid the groundwork for what we are experiencing now, which is getting more visitors that seem to be hungry for God. I sure am thankful for that!
Sis. Connell,
It does seem that our revival has had a focus - getting people to live for God with all their hearts for the long term, not just this week. I decided to do that a long time ago and it sure has made life easier, I'm not looking at the world with longing or regret. There will always be struggles because we're human, but Bro. Bellew has reminded us that nothing can keep us from heaven if our mind is made up.
Post a Comment