Thursday, June 18, 2009

Maybe It Really Was an Apple...


There has been much said about the fruit that was eaten in the Garden of Eden. For some reason, it is often depicted as an apple. We have no proof that it was truly an apple that Eve bit into. Maybe it was an apple or a peach or a plum. It wasn't the actual fruit that caused the problem anyway. It was the act of disobedience that got Adam and Eve in trouble.


I hadn't worry too much about this until last week... Last week when Apple announced that the iPhone 3G was now selling for $99. I felt like Eve when I saw "the phone that it was good for phone calls, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a phone to be desired to give access to email while traveling" (iGenesis 3:6). My current phone is about 6 years old and doesn't even take pictures. I haven't been deprived, but I have been "eyeing" the fruit. In my mind it was difficult to justify the purchase - I don't use my current phone that much... but then a voice (was it the serpent?) said ye shall save money if you and Les are on a family plan instead of two different carriers....



So I am now the proud owner of the Apple iPhone 3G. Email or leave a comment on my blog and I can respond from anywhere. Is this truly a good thing??

5 comments:

April Renee said...

I'm saving for mine too!!! My blackberry seems outdated in comparison and with my job as a freelance interpreter, the blackberry is my brain, how much "brainer" could I be with an iphone???? smile!

Kathy McElhaney said...

I laughed at Les when he got his about a year and a half ago, but it really is a great tool... at least that's what I'm telling myself!!

Cyndi Kaye said...

That's pretty funny. I'm sure Rachel will be thinking of buying one now as well. Not for me though. I can hardly figure out the phone I have now. LOL! =)

Kathy McElhaney said...

I've used my husband's enough times and really like it. It's part toy, part tool!

Karen J. Hopper said...

Whether we realize it or not, we are addicted to the world of electronics. My calendar, my email, my tasks, my games, my camera can all be accomplished through my cell phone. I've got to start saving too because I think I'd like a new one too.

Verse of the Day