Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Making It Look Easy

I had a little exchange with a neighbor, who is also a fellow exerciser, this morning:
Neighbor: How far do you run every morning?
Me: About 10 miles.
Neighbor: You make it look so easy
Me: It's not, I've just been at a long time...
I never consider running "easy". There are times when I enjoy it more than others, but getting up and running 10 miles is not easy!

Have you noticed there are people in your life who make living for God look easy? They come to church with a song on their lips, praise in the heart, and a smile on their face. But if you really know them, you know they face trials, there have been hills and valleys.

Making it "look easy" doesn't happen by chance. Consistency. Daily commitment. What some might consider boring or crazy. Daily prayer, reading the Word, fasting. The times when no one is watching, when life is hard or lonely, but they keep pressing on. They are what enable one to face the tough times with an unmovable faith, making it "look easy" when life is anything but.

There is an old saying that is still true:
Live for God easy and it will be hard.
Live for God hard and it will be easy!

No comments:

Verse of the Day