While announcements were being made, I had a hilarious conversation with Nic that went like this:
Nic: We saw so many things on our way here.Caitlin then wanted to draw. Of course I always have a notepad in my Bible (and I always take my Bible to church) so I was happy to loan my notepad to her. Here is what the little first grader wrote:
Me: You did?
Nic: Yeah (big smile)
Me: What?
Nic: I fordot! (forgot)
I'm thinking "how sweet."You are the best.
She's my new BFF!You are cute.
Now wait a minute kid! I'll send you back to your mother if you keep this up!You are very fat.
I don't think so!You are my dad.
Hmmmm....You are my mom.
Okay, so she wasn't writing about me, just writing what she knows!My name is KK.
It made me wonder - how often do we do that with God's Word? Every word is written to us. We shout with joy over "I am come that ye might have life and that more abundantly," but "pray without ceasing" was written for someone else. "He shall give thee the desires of thine heart" warms our hearts, but "pray the Lord of the harvest will send for laborers" is for home and foreign missionaries. Sorry, we can't pick and choose - it is all for us.
2 comments:
Excellent post. Unfortunately, we live in a "pick and choose" church world - and many find it easy to throw aside the scripture that doesn't suit their lifestyle. Kathy, I loved it - perfectly said.
That is so cute- and so right!! We can't pick and choose what we want to follow and listen to. Love you peep!
ChloChloee
Post a Comment