Thursday, February 12, 2009

Should I Tell This?


With Valentine's Day quickly approaching, I'm trying to decide if I should share a funny story about Les or not. Okay, I will!

When Les was in college in Tennessee, he did not always have a steady girlfriend. He hadn't met me yet, so he was in limbo, ha! So one year he waits until the last minute to buy Valentine's cards... yes, cards. He goes to the college gift shop and there is only one card available. So he buys two of the same card and sends them off. One to someone in Tennessee and one to someone in Kentucky. They'll never know the difference, will they??

He really should have known better. The two girls in question were friends. I think I'll let one of them explain it in her own words...


MusicPlaylistRingtones
Music Playlist at MixPod.com



P.S. To you Nashville readers, you probably recognized that voice and yes, I had both her and Les' permission for this post! This recording took place in Nashville, sometime in August 1987 just before Les moved to California.

4 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Too funny! No wonder he moved to California. LOL

Anonymous said...

I started laughing out loud at work as I listened to this recording. It still makes me laugh after all these years. It was me telling the story...what are friends for? Happy Valentines Day, Les. I hope you and Kathy have a wonderful day and this memory makes you laugh too.

Lori Oliver Long (the Kentucky girl turned Tennessean)

Kathy McElhaney said...

Lori,
I laugh EVERY time I listen to this! You're a great story teller and this was quite a story!
Happy Valentines to you and Doug! We love you both and are looking forward to seeing y'all next month!

Mary Frances said...

HAHAha!!! That was HILARIOUS!!!!

Verse of the Day