Saturday, February 14, 2009

What a Beautiful Day!

I woke up at 5:22 this morning, the alarm went off one minute later. I was up and out the door by 5:40. It was 38 degrees, but calm and clear. A perfect morning in my opinion! I was determined to run 14 miles, so off I went. The first 7 1/2 miles I headed west, with the sun slowly rising behind me. I then headed south for a mile, before I made the turn to run east toward home. It was the kind of morning that my water was colder after 5 miles than when I left the house. The only way to survive was the keep running! And run I did, as I had my best time this year - 14.3 miles in 2 hours, 6 minutes and 45 seconds (that's an average of 8:51/mile).

As I headed east towards home, running into the sun, my only thought was "what a beautiful day!" As often happens, words to an old song started running through my mind. "What a beautiful day for the Lord to come again!" I wondered, will it be a morning like this, with the sun shining? Will there be a blizzard in Minnesota or a hurricane in Florida? Will it be the middle of the day or the middle of the night?

You know it won't matter what the weather is at that moment. When He returns, it WILL be a beautiful day!! I plan to keep running the race until that moment. I want to join Paul in saying, "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing." (II Timothy 4:7-8)

I am looking forward to that day, how about you?

No comments:

Verse of the Day