
I've been reading the account in Exodus of the plagues in Egypt. There is an unusual exchange in chapter 8 between Moses and Pharaoh:
8 Then Pharaoh called for Moses and Aaron, and said, Intreat the LORD, that he may take away the frogs from me, and from my people; and I will let the people go, that they may do sacrifice unto the LORD.Tomorrow? You're willing to wait until tomorrow, Pharaoh? I can just imagine the conversation between Pharaoh and his wife...9 And Moses said unto Pharaoh, Glory over me: when shall I intreat for thee, and for thy servants, and for thy people, to destroy the frogs from thee and thy houses, that they may remain in the river only?
10 And he said, To morrow. And he said, Be it according to thy word: that thou mayest know that there is none like unto the LORD our God.
Wife: Pharaoh, you've got to do something about these frogs! They're everywhere, they're making me crazy!
Pharaoh: I've already talked to Moses and Aaron, they're taking care of it.
Wife: When? How much longer will I have to suffer in such a manner?
Pharaoh: Tomorrow.
Wife: Couldn't they have done it today? Why didn't you command them to do it immediately?
Pharaoh: Well.... ummm... they would have done it today, but I told them tomorrow.
Wife: What?? (I picture Pharaoh's wife picking up dead frogs and throwing them at him at this point!!)
I wrote about fishing this guy out of our pool last August.
There was no way I was going to leave him until "tomorrow". I got the net immediately and got him out! It was just one frog - but that was one frog too many for me!
There are people just like Pharaoh in our lives. They're plagued with sin, guilt and despair, but when they hear "cast your cares on Him for He careth for you," they say "tomorrow." I don't want to keep anything in my life that makes me miserable if I can help it. Goodbye, frogs!
2 comments:
Great post. So Long Froggies...So Long.
Really awesome post peep :) I say goodbye to the little froggies! :)
Love you peep!
Chloee
Post a Comment