Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy Birthday, Grandma!

Dad's mom, my Grandma Ruby, turns 89 today!

Grandma is my final living grandparent. When Les and I were married all four of our grandmothers were still alive.

I remember so many times visiting Grandma and Grandpa in their home in Woodlake. Grandma always had homemade brownies waiting for us. Ice cream would come out of her big freezer, hard as a rock, and she'd stir until each of her grandkids had a soft, creamy bowl full! There were always lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, grown in her own garden. And I usually came home with a lizard or two.

When it comes to my health - Grandma Ruby is my role model. She never overeats and what she does eat is very healthy. Until she was in her mid to late 70s, she walked two miles everyday. During the times that I have struggled with my weight, I would think of her and hope to find some of those genes in me!!

I know she doesn't read my blog, but I just wanted to say how much I love her!

2 comments:

Cylinda Nickel said...

That is so sweet. Grandparents are such a gift of God. I lost my last grandparent this past year at Christmas- which was so fitting because she LOVED Christmas. Have a great week!

CMN

Karen J. Hopper said...

Happy Birthday to Grandma.

Verse of the Day