At first I was a little angry at the arrogance of those involved, but my feelings quickly changed to sadness. How sad for those who think God and enjoying life are mutually exclusive! Obviously, their only picture of God is one of judgment.
I'd like to introduce them to my God!
My God who "will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly."
My God who "forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases."
My God whose "goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life."
My God who "so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
My God who said, "I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly."
I could go on and on about my God!
I can truly say I enjoy living for God!
4 comments:
My dad was an atheist, and he really believed that there was no God. What deception. I heard no God until I was 19, when he passed away. But I am so thankful that as a child God's spirit would visit me and touch my heart so that one day I would choose to serve Him. I give the credit to my praying Grandmother (although she didn't know God in His fullness) for the saving of my soul.
Sis. Hopper,
I never knew that about your dad. I'm glad God was so loving to you and you responded.
Hi Sissy McElhaney!!! Oh my word, has it been the longest time ever, and it's gonna take me at least a couple days to catch up!!! I've really missed out!! I love the new background and the picture of you and your best friend, your hubby, Bro. McElhaney! My dad is an atheist too -- he believes in evolution, Indians, nature. He was dealt a hard life, and he just sincerely believes there is no God. I'm so excited that it's your hubby's month to teach Sunday bible study!! This past lesson was incredible!
Hey Chrissy!
Wow, it has been a long time!! You probably missed my New Years background - I've been playing with different backgrounds a little more frequently.
I was really bummed that I spent half of SS in the office last week making copies - so I missed my favorite teacher!!
Post a Comment