Friday, November 13, 2020

30 Days of Thanks, Day 13: Faded

 Isaiah 40:8 says, "The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever."
 
Our memories will fade over time.  Pain, fear, frustration, grief - it does fade eventually.  Joy, excitement, anticipation - those fade as well.  Everything we've experienced in 2020 will someday fade as a flower.


No matter what tomorrow brings, God's word will stand.  No matter who is in power, someday they will fade, but God's word will never fade.  I wrote a post in October 2010 called, "Thy Word Have I Hid."  I wrote about a sword drill we had during Bible study:
Les and I both remember our Sunday school teachers drilling into us "What will you do if your Bible is taken away?" This was during the Cold War (see, I really am old!) and the threat of communism was real. Thank you, Sunday school teachers for all those memory verses you put into me!
I also included several quotes from Mom's Bible:
Other books were given for our Information. The Bible was given for our Transformation.

One who uses the Bible as his guide never loses his sense of direction.

The devil is not afraid of the Bible that has dust on it.

The Bible is meant to be Bread for our daily use;
not just cake for special occasions.

I'm so thankful for God's word.  It is still relevant to our lives today.  Everything we need we can find in that beautiful old book!

No comments:

Verse of the Day