Tuesday, November 10, 2020

30 Days of Thanks, Day 10: Childhood

When I think about my childhood, I have much to be thankful for.  All I have to do is pull up pictures.  I was blessed to know both of my grandmothers, my paternal grandfather, and both of my maternal great grandmothers.  Plus these three older siblings...


I was born in the last year of the "Baby Boomer" years.  My childhood included a mom who was home when I got home from school. We weren't rich by any stretch of the imagination.  Dad worked hard to provide for us and Mom found ways to stretch every penny. 

I wish this picture was in better shape, but I love it.  Christmas morning 1971.  A girl and her toys.  I'd obviously spent the morning tearing into gifts, without a single thought to my hair!!
 

Yes, my childhood had some difficulties, especially with Rod's health issues.  In spite of that, it was a great childhood and I'm thankful!

No comments:

Verse of the Day