Saturday, March 16, 2013

Settling Back In


We are on our second day back on Oahu.  I really like it here!  I think the pace is exactly what I need after the past two weeks.

I met Les when he got off work last night and we ate a Angelo Pietro.  This is an Italian/Japanese restaurant.  Les had been once before and we were not disappointed last night.  Afterwards we headed over to Don Q's and loaded up on groceries, including this avocado:


I read in the Hawaiian Airlines magazine that Hawaiian avocados are much larger and tastier than California or Mexico grown.  I have not cut into it yet, but it is definitely larger!  Here it is next to a pineapple:



This morning I went to AMFM (Ala Moana Farmer's Market.)  I got there about 8:30 and was really pleased with the selection.  It's definitely worth it to get there early.  Corn, tomatoes, Lilikoi bread, and macadamia nut sticky buns made it in my bag.



This week's haul
We will be here for four weeks this time and are praying that we will be able to purchase a car while we are here.  I still plan to walk to Don Q's and the mall, but having something to drive to church and around the island is something we would really like.

1 comment:

jennifer lord said...

Okay so, looking at the sticky bun is making me crave some coffee!

Verse of the Day