Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Christmas Decorations


I've noticed lights going up in the neighborhood. The Thanksgiving meal hasn't been prepared, the turkey is still in the freezer, pumpkin pies are yet to be baked, but the lights are going up!


We don't put lights on the outside of our house. Well, let me rephrase that. I don't put lights on the outside of our house. Les has always left the decorating to me and I'm just not interested in climbing ladders. Come inside sometime next week and you'll see an abundance of decorations, but you'd never know it just driving by.


Do you decorate a lot or a little? Do you do it up big time inside and out? And when do you decorate? Inquiring minds want to know!

4 comments:

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

When? Day after Thanksgiving
What? and Where? 1) A wreath on the front door 2) A centerpiece on the table 3) If we had one, decorate the mantel. 4) A tree
Why? This year, only #1 and #2 because a) we'll be traveling too much in December to enjoy the tree, b) no kids here, c) no mantel.
Who? I do these.

I used to have the towels, rugs, soap pumps, soaps, dishes, garlands, candles, trinkets and JUNK. After 30 years of marriage and an empty nest, I just craft and give it away. My outlet and joy. Christmas is all about family and giving away according to need. That's the miracle of Christmas.

Girly Muse said...

I don't even like to see Christmas stuff until Thanksgiving is over. :) But I think we're in the minority there.

I usually decorate the first or second week of December. It's always fun for a little while.

Larisa said...

Oooh I don't like anything Christmas until maybe the first week after Thanksgiving. I really like to enjoy the holidays one at a time. I put up a small string of lights on my patio on December 1st last year and a wreath on my door. I will probably do the same this year. I'm not home much anyway and the lights are my biggest thing.

Cyndi Kaye said...

The tradition when I was growing up was to decorate the day after my birthday - so that would be 12/13.
I like to begin decorating the first week of December. I only decorate with a centerpiece on my table and a few things on top of the bookcase [innamon pinecones, and yummy candles to mention a few things]. Rachel likes to decorate quite a bit - she absolutely loves Christmas!
My favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. = )

Verse of the Day