
As I've mentioned before, we have a very large genealogy book that traces my paternal grandmother's side ~ the Gannaway family. Every time I'm in Fresno I pick it up and flip through the pages.

Our family has been in America since the early 1700s. We have had soldiers in the American Revolutionary War, the War of 1812, the Civil War, World War I, and World War II. There were many that gave their lives for our country, for freedom. I salute each one today.
1 comment:
Happy Veteran's Day to all veterans!
My grandfather was in the Navy in WWII, my father was in the U.S. Army in the Korean war and my brother was in the U.S. Army.
On another note:
My great-great grandfather arrived on Ellis Island October 24, 1910 and my great-great grandmother and grandfather arrived November 11, 1913. They were from Glasgow, Scotland. These are on my mom's side of the family. I was just telling someone that in 2013 our family will have been in America for 100 years [not counting my great-great grandfather's arrival]. I'm very thankful to be a United States Amercian!!! =)
Post a Comment