Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Observations at LAX


My brother-in-law, Lance, is here visiting this week. He's come to thaw out after a horrible Indiana winter. When we picked him up at LAX on Saturday night, we were a little early and got to watch a plane full of people de-board. I love people watching, don't you? Let me tell you about a few of the folks we saw:

There was a three-man band. All guitarists. I assume they're hoping to make it big in California.

There was the lady with about four suitcases, trying to pull them all together.

There were numerous reunions. Sweethearts, friends, and families.

There was the "germ spewer." When I said that, Les said, "What?" Germ spewer: n. a young child, sitting in a stroller, coughing and sneezing, spewing germs everywhere.

Germ spewer's dad figured out how to not pay any luggage fees. He wore all his clothes! I watched as he pulled his jacket off. He had a sweatshirt tied around his waist, with a short sleeve t-shirt over a long sleeve shirt. "Can't charge me for my luggage - I'm wearing it all!"

There was an abundance of muffin tops. And can I just tell you, the "second-skin-showing-everything-from-my-belly-button-to-my-back-fat" top is not a good look on anyone. I mean, really! Don't the stores sell larger sizes anymore? Oh, denial, you are not pretty. It really is okay to leave a little something to the imagination.

I'm sure there were others that I can't recall right now. But it was a great way to amuse ourselves as we waited.

5 comments:

Caroline (Jane) said...

~Oh, denial, you are not pretty.~

Kathy,
Thou art so right! You've made me smile this morning. Thanks!

jennifer lord said...

"Germ spewer's dad figured out how to not pay any luggage fees. He wore all his clothes! "

- ooooo, thanks for the tip, Sis. Kathy!! :D

and LOLOL @ the muffin tops!!! i think they are disgusting but the phrase always makes me giggle!

Tiffany Bracken: said...

I am with Caroline!! That is a great phrase! I have been there, saw that and now I have the phrase for it!

Girly Muse said...

hahahaha you got me laughing this morning!!!

Carol Connell said...

Hi Sis. McElhaney. I enjoy people watching too, and I could just picture those people getting off the plane as you described them. People are so interesting to watch. I can't help but wonder how many really stop to take a good look at themselves in the mirror before they go out. LOL

Verse of the Day