Monday, February 28, 2011

Learning to Listen

Our revival has been so good! Bro. Ballew has preached right to us and God is moving in a great way. We had a beautiful touch of the Holy Ghost last night. People just lingered in His presence. So beautiful.

It seems Bro. Ballew has been on a theme (or maybe God has a theme for us?) He has been preaching about making our minds up to live for God. Over and over, he has said you can make it to heaven if your mind is made up.

Saturday night he talked about choices that can destroy us. One of the examples he gave was of a young lady who would not listen when her pastor warned her about a young man she was dating. She was "in love" so how could her pastor know anything? Against his counsel, she married this man. One month later, her husband left her. Tragedy that could have been avoided!

I couldn't help but recall times in my life when I was in a similar situation. Single, in my 20s, hoping to find "the one." More than once my pastor, Elder Morton, said "No." Sitting there in service Saturday night, I was SO thankful that I listened! It wasn't easy. I hurt for a time, but I had temporary heartache not a lifetime of regret. I had temporary pain instead of deep scars.

I am so thankful! So thankful for a man of God who loved me enough to give godly counsel, even when it hurt. And I'm so glad I listened!

2 comments:

jennifer lord said...

So thankful for your wise words!

Joshua said...

He was trying so hard to step on my toes at church on Saturday, but truth be known, I really did want to go hear my "big brother" preach!!! Hahahaha!!!

Josh

Verse of the Day