Thursday, January 13, 2011

You're Smarter Than Them!


We had an excellent speaker at our monthly Youth Service last night - Pastor White! He started with the old quote: "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog" and talked to our young people about needing to have the fight in them to live for God.

He ended his message with three verses from Psalm 119:
98 Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me.
99 I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.
100 I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts.


I love these verses! Pastor White told our youth to put them in their backpacks! What great promises for anyone attending school with unbelieving teachers or professors. His Word makes us wiser and gives us more understanding than any degree man can bestow upon us!

2 comments:

Couture by Cassia said...

Hi Sister!! My site is up and running!! Spread the word and be sure to leave a comment!:)

Anonymous said...

Peep!

I totally loved the message on Wednesday! :)...It came at the perfect time because for the past two weeks I've been learning about evolution in my AP Biology class and I need to keep the fight in me and stand up for what I believe in! :)
Love you!
Chlo

Verse of the Day