Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Weight Watchers PointsPlus Week #5

This will probably be my last weekly post about the new WW program. I don't anticipate losing more weight since I've been at my goal weight for so long. I'm just happy to have made it to New Years weighing less than I did on Thanksgiving! I'll still write about health and nutritional foods but I don't plan on a weekly post going forward.

I received the latest WW magazine last week and there was a great article by David Kirchhoff, President and CEO of Weight Watchers. He wrote about the challenges of obesity in our society and the reason WW changed their program. He said, "our reliance on calorie counting has outlived its usefulness. Today, we are getting 35 percent of our calories from added sugars and fats - that's just too many empty calories. The fundamental issue with calorie counting can be summarized simply:"
"When we feel that we are making an "equal" choice between a 100-calorie apple and a 100-calorie bag of chips, we have clearly gone off track."


Well said!

No comments:

Verse of the Day