40 years ago today, three little Fultz kids stepped into the baptismal tank in Truth Tabernacle. We were still having church in what is now the school cafeteria. It was on a chilly night that our pastor, Bro. Murray Layne, consented to baptize us in the name above all names - Jesus! If I remember correctly, the boys went first. Then Debbie Lindley-Franklin and I were next.
Rick has just turned 10...

Rod was 7...

and I was 6...

I had been "baptized" many times in our swimming pool, but I knew what Acts 2:38 said and I wanted to obey! It's been 40 years, but I still believe that my sins were washed away that night and I'm so glad!
5 comments:
Wow! I will have to make sure my mom sees this post! I didn't know the date she got baptized, nor what age she was. =D Cool!
Larissa,
This was recorded in my Mom's Bible, so I know the date is correct! You'll have to double check, but I'm pretty sure it was your mom in the tank with me!
Of all the milestones to celebrate this has got to be the most important. This March 20 will be 22 years for me.
AMEN!!
And I love your pictures! Too Cute!
It's wonderful to be burred in His Name, and wonderful to know that you are still walking in His Name. And it was wonderful to be there to see your baptism. Blessings!
Post a Comment