
I was saddened to hear of the passing of Bro. Murrell Ewing. He is known as a great singer. His voice was unique, singing songs written by his wife, Joan. But I also remember his preaching.

I remember a Youth Convention, probably about 1979 or 1980. I was still a teenager and Bro. Ewing was the speaker. One night he preached about "The Life You Could Have Lived." I don't know if that was the exact title, but that was the message and it cut to my heart that night. Sitting with hundreds of other young people, Bro. Ewing was preaching straight to me!
I was like many teenagers, going to church, praying when convenient, but not living my life completely for God. But something changed in me that night. It wasn't a unique message, but it was THE message for me at that time in my life! I had to take inventory to see if my life was going to be filled with regrets or one that followed the Master.
I am so thankful for preaching and preachers who are willing to preach it straight! I don't know where I'd be if not for preachers.
No comments:
Post a Comment