Saturday, January 29, 2011

Mileage Update

Unlike most of the country, we had very warm weather this week. Of course warm weather in January = Santa Ana winds. Ugh! I know I've written about these winds a time or two or twenty, they are a fact of life here. But at least it's not 15 inches of snow! My hats off to anyone who exercises in January.

I liked this quote from Runner's World:
Running is a passion for me. I like to set new challenges for myself. The cool thing is, it's something you do yourself. I don't have 10 other guys blocking for me. I would love to have 10 other guys out there blocking for me, but it doesn't work that way. It's all about you.
~ Roger Craig, Former NFL running back
I could have used 10 other guys blocking the wind this week, but it was just me and my sweetie!

Totals for Week ending January 29:
Running: 30.34
Cycling: 34.42
Total: 64.76

Year-to-Date:
Running: 133.76
Cycling: 97.02
Total: 230.78

3 comments:

Sissy Chrissy! said...

Hi Sissy McElhaney! What a beautiful morning it is today and we are so BLESSED to have the type of weather in January!! I came to your blog for inspiration to get rid of this menopausal weight! LOL! I hope your hubby doesn't read this! LOL!! Anyway, love you and thank you for being such a great example of what it takes to live a healthy lifestyle! It's a way of life!!

Kathy McElhaney said...

You are such a nut! My husband reads my blog, but rarely reads the comments so you're safe!!
Love you!

East Coast-er Momma said...

Uhg! Your mileage is amazing!! I don't have enough time to run or cycle that much...let alone good weather to kiss my skin. Keep it up!!

Verse of the Day