Monday, January 31, 2011

Lifetime Commitment

Today brought another great quote from Runner's World:
My running ambition is to keep doing it until I'm way past the point where I have any business running. Just to keep doing it throughout my whole life—to stay fit and feel good.
~ Leroy Chiao, astronaut and runner
I don't know how old Leroy Chiao is and it doesn't matter! Age is just a state of mind. I've read quite a bit lately about "older" athletes, some even over the age of 40! Ha!


It's funny how we view age and aging. First, we're too young. Then somewhere around 20-25 we're finally old enough. Then come 40, it's over the hill! Who decided that, anyway??

There are so many Biblical examples of people doing great things at all ages. Young men like Joseph, David, and King Josiah who was 8! Older folks like Abraham and Sarah, Anna the prophetess, Caleb who 85! And people every age in between.

What matters is a lifetime commitment to staying strong in the Lord and the power of His might.

3 comments:

Notions from Nonny said...

So true...so true!! :o)

And since I am going to be 40 this year...I am sticking to 50 being over the hill!! :o)

Hope you are doing well!!

Caroline (Jane) said...

How bout we make that 60! ;-)

Kathy McElhaney said...

I'm leaning towards 80, ladies!

Verse of the Day