I almost never run with a camera. After so many years of running the same few routes, I just don't think I need one. I've seen it all - deer, raccoons, squirrels, coyotes, bobcats, rabbits, owls, hawks, and skunks! Plus it's added weight I don't want. But today, oh today, I wish I had carried my camera!I did a trail run on Las Llayas Canyon. Now that I've ridden Myka on it a few times, I know it quite well. At about the 4 mile mark I decided I would run to the "Y." The "Y" is where the trail splits - we ride on to the right, to the left is a working cattle ranch with "No Trespassing" signs.
I knew I was getting close as I passed the 4 and half mile mark. I figured the "Y" was around the next curve. To my surprise, this was around the next curve:

Well not actually that cow, because I didn't have my camera, but one just like it! Except there was no fence! He was munching on a tree as I rounded the bend...
"How now, brown cow?" He calmly looked at me. "Well, uh, I'll just turn around here... I didn't really need to run to the "Y" today... have a nice day!" He continued to stare me down until I turned around and was on my way!
My life may be a lot of things, but it is never boring!!
5 comments:
Love this picture. Think she's getting ready to talk to you. LOL
I wasn't sure about the one I saw since I was disturbing his breakfast!
So cute!!!
Oh man! I probably would have screamed if I rounded a corner and saw a cow like that, which would have been the wrong thing to do. :-)
Sis. Connell,
Thankfully I was out of breath and speechless, so I wasn't able to scream!
Post a Comment