Monday, August 2, 2010

When Sister White Became Mimi D

A little over two years ago I wrote "When Mom Became Grandma." It was about the transformation that took place in Mom's life when her grandchildren arrived. We've seen that same transformation this week in Victory Tabernacle - Pastor and Sister White now have a grandson! Max Alexander White, son of P.J. and Megan, was born last week.

I believe we will be seeing "Mimi D" with this pose most of time...


That was her last night before church with her latest picture of Max! "I just got a new picture!" she gleefully exclaimed!

I love seeing Sister White in this role. She is such a loving person - she loves our church family, she loves the visitors who come, she loves her friends, she loves her family, and she is very much in love with this new little guy!

There are so many quotes about grandparents, but I think this one is my favorite:

When a child is born, so are grandmothers. ~Judith Levy

Congratulations, PJ and Megan! Welcome, Baby Max! And welcome, Mimi D!

4 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Definitely Sis D.White knows how to love. Please give her a hug from me, and that I send my love.

Notions from Nonny said...

Awww! How sweet! They are going to make the best grandparents! There is no doubt!!

Cyndi Kaye said...

OMW! A dream come true for Sis. White. Both her boys married and now an adorable grandbaby. Of course, I'm a bit excited too since I babysat both of her boys - PJ since age 2 and Matt since birth. I feel like an Auntie myself. =)

Mary Frances said...

OMW Sis. Kathy!!! No post today?!?! :,(

Verse of the Day