Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Introducing My New Running Partner!

After more than four years together, my Polar S625X and I have parted ways. It was a wonderful relationship while it lasted, but 10,000 miles later my Polar foot pod just couldn't take it anymore! The continual pounding on the pavement and dirt wore the thing out. I asked for and received a new partner for my birthday. Introducing...

The Garmin Forerunner 305!


It's a lovely watch with heart rate monitor, but best of all it has a GPS receiver. No more making sure my foot pod is calibrated. It also has three customizable screens that I can scroll through while I'm running to see how far I've run, average heart rate, calories burned, and much, much more! When I get home I download my file to SportTracks and have a handy map of exactly where I've been. Here is this morning's 10 mile jaunt:



I am looking forward to many happy trails together!

1 comment:

Notions from Nonny said...

That is very cool watch!!

Have you ever seen a "Fitbit"?
I would love the have one of those!
www.fitbit.com

Take care!!!

Verse of the Day