Monday, November 16, 2009

Celebrating 35 Years!

What a day we had yesterday! I think I've said something similar the past two Mondays - but we've just been having great church lately! Yesterday we took the time to honor Pastor and Sis. White as they celebrated their 28th Pastoral Anniversary and 35 Years in the Ministry. Both services were full of surprises, kind words, and special guests.

Bro. David Abbott from Scottsdale, Arizona preached both services. Of course in my mind, Bro. Abbott is not complete without Sis. Darcy Abbott! Not only was Sis. Abbott with him, but their youngest daughter, Danae, came too. Their singing blessed both services. From new songs that Danae has written to oldies like "He's My Lord and My God." Bro. Abbott preached about "The Mighty God in Christ" and "The Precious Gift of the Holy Ghost." There were souls in the altar both services feeling God's Spirit.

The highlight of the day was when we presented our final gift. Anyone who knows Pastor White, knows he has a heart for souls. Bro. P.J. White told the story of his grandmother, Sis. Gloria White, who also loved souls. Many times Granny White would take P.J. to McDonald's and while praying for her food she would pray for the "children of Africa." That prayer was part of her daily prayer life. So in honor of Pastor White, Victory Tabernacle of Burbank, along with our three daughter churches, is building The Gloria J. White Memorial Church in Liberia, Africa! I honestly cannot think of a greater gift - there is no car, house, or trip that would mean more to Pastor White.

After service we had a potluck. I forgot to bring my camera to church - I had food and choir music on my mind, but I did snap this with my iPhone. Isn't she a cutie?


As Les and I climbed into bed around midnight last night, we were exhausted but so thankful for such a great day. Once again, I have an overwhelming thankfulness for my pastor and his wife! I love these two and thank God so much for putting them in my life.

3 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Doesn't seem like the Whites have been ministering for that long. Remember them in the Bible College days as they just started out on a successful ministry. Great people! You are blessed!

Notions from Nonny said...

That is such an awesome gift!!
We love Pastor & Sis. White! They have been a blessing in many ways to our family! For example.. the last night of Westcoast...he preached another masterpiece! :o)

Take care!!

Girly Muse said...

What a precious gift!!! And what an adorable little girl!

Verse of the Day