Saturday, November 14, 2009

A Deer Memory

While running each morning this week I've spotted deer on the hills around our neighborhood. There seems to be a herd of about six, including a four-point buck. I love to watch them grazing, then pop their heads up to watch me run by.


Seeing deer this close to Christmas brings to mind a close encounter I had with a deer one day. I was working at Amgen at the time. Amgen has a very large campus, with dozens of buildings. I regularly made trips from my building (building 17 at the time) to other parts of the campus. I was on my way out the door one December morning when a very large deer came bouding toward me! I have no idea where it came from, but I thought I would have a heart attack!! The receptionist in our building watch the entire thing and laughed about it for weeks! We wondered if it was an escapee from a Christmas drama somewhere!!


I'm not a grandma, but I think this is what I must have looked like!!

No comments:

Verse of the Day