Monday, November 9, 2009

God Rides

We had another great Sunday! Les' Sunday school lesson was about a Victorious Church and the weapons of our warfare. Then Pastor White preached about the veil over the nations, not a doom and gloom message, but a reminder that Jesus is coming back!

Last night Bro. and Sis. Brian Jones were with us. Bro. Jones preach a message of faith and God's Spirit moved in a great way. Before Bro. Jones preached, Sis. Jones sang. I'm sure many of the young people thought she was singing a new song, because they probably hadn't heard it before, but it was actually an oldie! I probably hadn't heard it in 20 years or more, but the words still rang true.
God Rides on the Wings of Love

Chorus
God rides on the water
He rides on the flood
There ain’t no power from hell that’s gonna stop God's wings of love
I feel the winds of mercy
Rain from above
God rides on wings of love

Verse 1
When you cry every night over things that aren't right all around
Just give it a shout and the walls of doubt will come down
God's not limited to man’s degree
He's not afraid of the armies you see
Just turn around, stand your ground
You're gonna be free

Verse 2
When your back’s against the wall and you try to stand tall in faith
When you can’t go under and you can’t go around, so you wait
Even when you don’t understand you’re still in the palm of His hand
So just wait, He’s never late,
He’s just working His plan
I'm so glad God is the One in control!

3 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Long time since I heard this song...but what it speaks is for us today. I am thankful that God Rides on the Wings of Love. Have a blessed week.

Cherie said...

Wow! I have not heard that forever! As I was reading the words, I could hear Sis. Jones voice singin' it! So cool! :) Yes, God rides on the Wings of Love!

Kathy McElhaney said...

I didn't recognize the song at first, but when Sis. Jones started singing the chorus it all came back to me!

Verse of the Day