
One particular singer left a lasting impression on me. I don't know his name, the song he sang or where he was from, but his singing went something like this:
"Amazing grace"... false start... "Oh, pray for me..." Chuckles and snickers from our section of the auditorium....
After three or four false starts, he said, "Pray for me, sometimes I got it, sometimes I don't."
That about sent our entire youth group to the floor in laughter! The poor guy was so sincere, but so NOT a singer! We weren't sure if he truly ever had it!!
I've come to realize, though, that he was exactly right. In every stage of life, "sometimes I got it, sometimes I don't." Sometimes I get up ready to conquer the world, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I'm in a good mood, sometimes I'm not. Sometimes I love my neighbor as myself, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I play the right notes, sometimes I don't.
On those days when I "don't," I need to remember to say "pray for me."
2 comments:
How true. Yes, sometimes I've got it, sometimes I don't. Thank the good Lord, He never punishes me when "I don't have it".
Oh this is so true. Actually, sometimes I got it, MOST of the time I don't. haha So, pretty much ALWAYS need prayer. :)
So cute. And gutsy of him to stop and say so! Whew!
Post a Comment