Monday, December 8, 2008

First Fire of the Season and a Game of Tag


The weather has finally cooled a bit here. Only suppose to get to about 65 today! Bring out the hot chocolate, sweaters, and mittens!! Yes, I've turned into a bit of a Southern California wimp!! In honor of our "cold front", I decided to start a fire in our fireplace for the first time since about last March.

I'm also playing a game of tag with fellow blogger, Karen Hopper. Here are the rules:

RULE ONE: Grab one of the books closest to me, go to page 56, type the fifth line and the next two to five lines that follow.

RULE TWO: Pick five people who love books (I think) and who could receive the Bookworm award with honor.

From "The Christmas Scrapbook" by Philip Gulley, lines 5 through 10:
"Do you remember what she said when she saw that picture?"
Sam thought for a moment. "I believe she said the life jacket made her look big."
"See what I mean." He put the offending picture back in the box. "Won't be needing that one."

Here's where I'm changing the rules! I'm including some of my non-blog-writing book lovers! Since the rules said pick five people, not bloggers, I'm doing just that! So here are my five: Chris Tarazon, Cynthia Simmons, Lori Long, Chloee Tarazon, and Caroline Rogers. If you are a non-blogger, please leave the words to your book as a comment on my blog. And if you are not named here and want to play, please feel free to join in. Maybe I'll write a story entitled "Page 56, Line 5..."

And now, with such a wonderful fire blazing, I think I'll look for another book!

5 comments:

Allison said...

The 21 Irreftable Laws of Leadership John Maxwell

The Sunday evening service, though enjoyed by some f the older members of the congregation, wasn't building the church or serving a need that wasn't already being met elsewhere. And the particular staff member I fired had to go, and it was important hat I not delay in dismissing him.


The above comments are not necessarily the views of the poster:) Just the lines on the 56 page.

Anonymous said...

i2 Analyst's Notebook 7 User Guide (this is just how it is, I'm at work and I'm surrounded by this informative material...wish I was sitting in front of a fireplace with a good mystery novel instead. Now I'll need to pray to get rid of my jealous bug)

From the view menu, select Toolbars Link Bar to display the Link Bar. Before you can link two entities using the Link Bar you must first select the link type. To do this: From the Palette drop-down list, select Individuals to select the Individuals palette. From the Link drop-down list, select Attendee. (blah...blah...blah)

Lori Long

Anonymous said...

HIIIIIIIII!!! OH MY WORD, it's been way tooo long since I've posted, and when my hubby and the girls told me about this game, I thought I better post as soon as possible! So, here it goes:

Oxford Mini Dictionary Thesaurus & Wordpower Guide, page 56, fifth line, and its accompanying lines:
bias:n. 1 a prejudice unfairly influencing treatment. 2 a direction diagonal to the weave of a fabric

LOL! It's at my hand's reach as I keep it next to my computer at work!

Love ya! :)

Kathy McElhaney said...

Allison, Lori, and Chris,

What exciting books you all read!! Thanks for playing along.

Anonymous said...

LOL!! Sissy McElhaney, what book are you reading, or should I say how many books are you reading?? Oh, how I miss your blog, and that of my girls! My boss isn't in today, so I'm totally taking advantage of catching up on your blog!! Reading yours, my girls' blogs is the only better thing than reading a good book (and my bible, of course!) right now!

Verse of the Day