A few years ago, a friend told me about Martha Munizzi's Christmas CD. She and Israel Houghton wrote an incredible song called "White Christmas". I have sung it in church a few times, and love listening to it each year. I hope you'll enjoy the words.
Verse 1
Life use to be so dark and cold,
A bitter wind blowin' through my soul
But now I've got to let you know
Everything changed it's a miracle
Hard to explain how it came to be,
Yesterday I was blind, today I see
This love I have so wonderful,
Cause everything changed it's a miracle
Oh what a beautiful season
Oh and Jesus is the reason
Chorus
It's gonna be a white Christmas
Into the new and out of the old
Though my sins were red as crimson
Now they're white as snow
It's gonna be a white Christmas
The past is passed away
And it's a brand new day because of Jesus
It's gonna be a white, white Christmas
Verse 2
This can be the year for change
Where Christmas happens everyday
And joy returns to you in full
This is your day for a miracle
Dreams and destiny renewed
What He's done for me He can do for you
So open up your heart once more
This is your day for a miracle
Bridge
More than just a fantasy
It can be reality
If you believe, it's not a dream
Chorus
It's gonna be a white Christmas
Into the new and out of the old
Though my sins were red as crimson
Now they're white as snow
It's gonna be a white Christmas
The past is passed away
And it's a brand new day because of Jesus
It's gonna be a white, white Christmas
So no matter what the weather, we can all have a white Christmas because of Jesus!
3 comments:
In our hearts this special season, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
I just cannot believe it's already here, and I remember when you first starting counting off the days, that at that time seemed so far off!! The picture of the McElhaney grandkids is adorable -- they're all so CUTE! You really did have a house full! I love this song too, which reminds me the Music Recital is coming up!
Welcome back, Chris!!!
Thanks for all the comments today. Glad your boss let you do something fun for a change! LOL!
Yes, the Music Recital is this Sunday and Toys for Tots the following Sunday. We're busy, busy, busy!
Post a Comment