Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Christmas Apron



Among my many, many, many Christmas decorations are a few rare treasures. One of those is the apron pictured above. I keep it tucked away all year, only bringing it out at Christmas, and I never actually wear it because I don't want to ruin it.

This apron was given to Mom for Christmas in 1995 by the parents of some of her students. This would have been one of the last years that Mom worked at TTCS, something she loved so much. It reminds me of the impact that Mom had on the lives of so many children and the importance of planting seeds in their hearts.


At the top of the apron, the words are:

TIDINGS OF COMFORT AND JOY
The glow of firelight reflected in a radiant face. Our Christmas wreath, symbol of eternal hope and grace. The warmth and coziness of the family together on Christmas eve. These are the memories that bring comfort and joy to our lives. They are the source of our most treasured traditions that time and time again we joyfully recreated.

I know that Mom would love what is going on in my kitchen this week - I'm definitely recreating a treasured tradition! I got almost all the recipes from her. Look for pictures of the finished products in the next day or so...

3 comments:

Karen J. Hopper said...

Your mother left you so many wonderful memories. Can't wait to see some finished treats.

Cyndi Kaye said...

OMW! What a treasure and such sweet memories from your mom.

I've been baking for the last two days from the time I get home, till 1:30 a.m. YIKES! I'm here at work and I feel numb. But, it really was lots of fun! Next year, I'll be more organized. Love ya, Cynthia

Kathy McElhaney said...

I've been baking most of yesterday and all day today so far. Still more to go!

Verse of the Day