This year was no exception. Three year old Neveah sang "Happy Birthday, Jesus" to a soundtrack and did fabulous - right on beat!
Six year old Caitlin Flores played "Away in a Manger" and her four year old brother, Nicolas, sang along. Her finish was quite unique - she got a little lost, but kept smiling!
Angelica Craig (who will be seven next month) played "Joy to the World".
And our resident "diva", Miss Krystal Rojo, age 10, treated us with "There's Something Going on in Bethlehem."
There were songs by the children of each of our branch pastors, which included one song in Spanish. There was a song in Polish. There were piano solos, vocal duets, the Sign Language Team, and even an iPhone "flute" solo!!! Of course, none of this would happen without the prodding, pleading, and stressing of our Music Director, Sis White!
Each year, Sis. White and I choose a "Musician of the Year." This year, we selected Les, not because I'm married to him, but because he has been very faithful to our Music Department for a long time. He not only plays the bass, but he is also responsible for the sound equipment in our church - a big job in any church! Les, thanks for all you do - your help is greatly appreciated!
The church also took the evening to honor Pastor and Sis. White, presenting them their Christmas gift. Since it was "only" a card, I imagine there was some "green" involved. We love this couple!
We finished the evening with cookies and hot drinks. Wish you could have all been there!



6 comments:
This sounds like a great night. We had a special weekend too. The children's choir sang on Sunday morning and the Adult Christmas concert was Sunday night. Check it out at firstchurchnashville.net.
Lori
I'm sooo glad its finally over... No more school and no more new songs to learn.. woo woo:)Angelica was great:)... I'm soo proud of my mini me:)
"Mini Leesh" was awesome. Now to teach her how to walk without ruining her shoes...
It was very entertaining, and everyone was great! Neveah was just too cute -- she is obviously a soprano!! Krystal was GREAT!! You forgot to tell her to snap her fingers during that little interlude of music in the middle of the song -- remember when you did that!! It was much fun, and YOUR cookies were DELICIOUS!! NO comment about the iphone musical, OH MY WORD!!
Neveah really surprised me. I didn't know a three year old could hit notes that high! Krystal was snapping her fingers and so were me and my Peeps on the front row!
How do you know which cookies were mine?? I'm not sure if I got any of yours...
Thanks for sharing. Enjoyed so much.
Post a Comment